Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Shiloh Jolie-Who??

My 'Shiloh' blanket
My first complex blanket, not bad for a beginner...
I was given the brief 'I would like a blanket the same as Shiloh Jolie-Pitt's'. Well, where do you start with that? Much google searching, I refuse to use google as a verb, and I was able to locate a picture from New Idea (!) showing said Shiloh in a stroller clutching a blanket made of squares.


More google searching and I found a new Mum/baby forum, I love forums and blogs by the way - best source of information since backyard over the fence conversation went by the wayside but I digress. Someone had asked where did the Shiloh blanket come from. FAO Schwartz was the resounding answer. Off to FAO Schwartz we go.

Out of Stock was the reply but I did get a picture

Well, didn't look too hard. Couple of colours, hours of work and presto. Blanket made. Ah the colours. A quick trip to our LYS with the Mum to be. Many balls of Lana Gatto Jaipur later the blanket was ready.
You can see why I had to be creative for the twins. Same Mum and I had this as the predecessor!

No comments:

Post a Comment